Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Year, New Projects

Since I got so many WIPs done over the winter vacation, I started several new projects for the new year.

These are some new Sweet Mary Janes made from Noro Kureyon. I am doing these for my MILs birthday. Hope she likes them. It is hard to think of stuff to knit for people who live in Florida. They just don't need knit stuff.

Here is yet another Homespun shawl. It is for my mom's birthday, by request. I really like how this one is turning out. I like the colors.

Bit of shopping news, I was in Hobby Lobby today, and I got size 6 and 8 DPNs (the Lion Brand kind) for $4 total. I thought that was pretty cool. I am going to cast on some fingerless mitts with them tomorrow, so look for that.

I have been looking all over for buttons. I need some bee shaped buttons for my Queen Bee hat, and I would like something funky and retro for the fair isle sweater. I would love to find some Bakelite. I looked and looked on eBay. So, if any of you know where I can find cool buttons, let me know.

1 comment:

MollyKnits said...

Oh, Jen, thanks for the tip. I don't get up that way often, but if you see something, I'll totally pay you back.