Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Knitting to Mythbusters and 007

Well, the Fairly Easy Fair Isle is done except for the button band and the blocking. I am totally thrilled with how the sweater turned out. I had a lot of help from James Bond. During the holiday break, Spike TV was running the *008 days of 007*, so I got to watch a lot of James Bond movies. I have always like the Bond flicks (and Sean Conery looks WONDERFUL in a bathing suit), but that funky music is great for knitting to. Don't know what it is, but I got lots of knitting done to that "dum da dum dum dum" music last week.


Since I was totally nerding out on the James Bond last week, I thought I would indulge in a whole different kind of nerd fest on New Year's Day. I am totally into the Discovery channel show Mythbusters. I love a show with the premise "If science doesn't work, blow it up!" Anyway, I worked on the felted bag from Stitch n Bitch (in Lamb's Pride worsted) while watching Jaime and Adam blow things up. I think it turned out pretty cool.

From this:




To this:
The last little bit to report is a new pair of Sweet Mary Janes. I only have the first one done at this point. This is also done in Noro wool.


Happy knitting and Happy new year!

No comments: