Saturday, October 07, 2006

I do actually knit sometimes ...

It has been a long while since I have posted any of my knitting. I finished the black and purple socks that were posted as a WIP (okay, it is just a picture of me knitting the second sock). They are in the wash now. I wear them all the time. I have since started two new pairs of socks, one for in the house and one for when I am out.

This is my "out-of-the-house" pair of socks. I have been experimenting with short row heels. This pair was my first attempt. I do have the little holes along the sides of the heels, but they are well lined up and are somewhat decorative. I LOVE the short row process. It seems much faster and easier than a heel flap to me. For these socks, I didn't use a pattern; I just played around a bit to see what would happen.

Here is my "at home" pair (now consider both pairs were started on the same day). I used the double wrap short row on this pair to get rid of the holes (check out this tutorial). I like the look much better, but it is a somewhat fussier method. I'll have to keep working at it a bit.

A friend recently told me she was expecting, so that means I HAD to knit something!

Just a couple of the little hats I like to make for babies so much.

Also, a bonnet made with Erin's free pattern. I think I'll be able to get a bootie to match, so look out for that!

Well, Monty Python's Flying Circus is on soon, so I'll leave you all with this.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You and Kele both went posty on me! WooHooo!! I'm lovin' it!!

Such cute baby hats!

I love both colorways on the socks...what are those, eh??

~Suz~