Thursday, October 26, 2006

Book Meme

  1. One book that changed your life: Man, that is really hard. Gone with the Wind was the first grown-up book I ever read. I found Interview with a Vampire in 1981 as I was entering my dress in all black before people invent the word *goth* phase. Jane Austin's books are always there when I need them.
  2. One book that you've read more than once: I read most books more than once.
  3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Either the Complete works of William Shakespeare, or if I am feeling really masochistic, I could use the time to slog my way through Ulysses again. I think I'll go with Shakespeare.
  4. One book that made you laugh: The Stand by Steven King, don't ask. Here is an odd fact, I don't read books that make me laugh. I wonder why?
  5. One book that made you cry: There are several. Angela's Ashes, Little Women, Frankenstein to name a few. I'll go with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I still get a huge lump in my throat when Cederic is killed.
  6. One book you wish had been written: I don't have a clue what to say about this one.
  7. One book you wish had never been written: Sister Carrie, I just read it for class, and I had to FORCE myself to turn the pages. I wanted to throw the book across the room.
  8. One book you're currently reading: Lolita, it is for class.
  9. One book you've been meaning to read: A Passage to India
  10. Six people to tag: Eh, do it if you want to.
Look for a knitting update tomorrow (or the next day). I have been a busy sock knitting bee this week.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ugh! I read Sister Carrie because it's on the MLA best fiction list. I agree with you on that one!