Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sockapalooza 4

Pattern: Ridged Feather from Sensational Knitted Socks
Yarn: Fortissima Colori
Needles: two size 1 circs
Yes, I know I am a bit late with these. They took longer than I expected. I have good reasons 1) I never do a pattern over the foot. I am just lazy that way, and 2) can you all see how well these two socks match?! I mean, just look at that perfectly matched pair. I am rather proud of that.

The socks were inspired by the Great Lakes since I live so close to Lake Michigan. I think it is only fitting that I worked on the socks (not as much as I would have liked) during my camping trip.

See how well the socks match all the lovely blues in Lake Heron? Not to mention those waves.

I am off to mail the socks with a few extra goodies because I took so long.

EDIT What kind of town has a post card with a 25 year old picture of the hospital on it? Seriously, I bought a post card from my home town to send with the socks (as is tradition), and the ONLY post card I could find with ANYTHING from the town on it was a photo of the hospital. SHEESH

Happy knitting!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks remind me of a pretty blue lake with gentle waves. I like that stitch pattern.

Regarding the box of yarn, I am still trying to wrap my mind around all of it. How does a person say thank you for something like that!? They are incredibly generous people.

Punkin

Mauren Mureaux said...

Gorgeous socks!

A picture of the hospital on a postcard?...

..."I visited LaPorte and ended up in the hospital, wish you were here."????

WTF?

GigerVamp said...

Hi Lesa, you've been given an award. See my blog. :)