Monday, June 25, 2007

Suz made me do it!

I got tagged by Suz, so now I am doing this meme.

The Rules:
Go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (only the month and day). Find three events, two births, and one holiday that occurred on your birthday. Then tag five friends.

My birthday, as some of you will remember, is June 16.

Three events:
1487 - Battle of Stoke Field, the last dying breath of the Wars of the Roses.
1903 - Ford Motor Company incorporates.
1960 - Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho opens in New York.

Two births
1938 - Joyce Carol Oates, American novelist (I always rather liked sharing my birthday with her)
1971 - Tupac Shakur, American Rapper (that is just funny to me)

Holiday
There was really only one I WOULD choose (there are two for the day),
Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
The only other cool thing about my birthday is that it is the day in Ulysses. One of these days, I will actually manage to finish reading this book.

I won't tag anyone. Have fun with it if you want.

I am going back to my pile of knitting ADD. I have been doing lots of stuff, but I haven't spent enough time with any one project to actually COMPLETE anything.

Happy knitting!

No comments: