Saturday, December 16, 2006

weird meme

“THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

1. I am a nerd. Granted, if you have been reading this blog for the past year, you know that I love all things nerdy. I am a fan of Mythbusters, James Bond, Monty Python, Star Trek, Harry Potter and other completely nerdy forms of entertainment. The sad part is, I have actually been to not just one, but THREE Star Trek conventions! The name of this blog is inspired by Harry Potter, and to date, I have done THREE school projects (two in graduate school) on Harry Potter (2 on Star Trek I have even done a presentation deconstructing Star Wars with video clips)!
2. I am a karaoke diva. I used to go to karaoke bars at least twice a week. I own a karaoke machine.
3. I can recite the famous "two all beef patties special sauce.... yadda yadda yadda" Mc Donald's commercial backwards.
4. I was a Girl Scout for seven years.
5. When all my friends in school took ballet and tap dancing lessons, I took 2 years of belly dancing lessons.
6. My grandmother named me after Lisa Marie Presley. When asked by my husband when I was 29 if she really named me after Lisa Marie, my grandmother answered "No, that is just where I got the idea."

My mom is the one who spelled "Lisa" wrong on my birth certificate. To this day (38.5 years latter) she insist that L-E-S-A is the correct way to spell my name and every other woman in the world with my name is spelling it wrong.

true to the terms of the meme, this is the part where i tag people. I'm not gonna. If you want to steal this meme, just leave a comment so we can find out about your 6 weird things.

1 comment:

Punkin said...

Yay! Whatever was wrong with comments has been fixed. Now I need to say something worthwhile. Well, I have tried to leave several comments about your scarves and how much I like the Irish Hiking Scarf. I think being nerdy makes a person well rounded and also shows intelligence and individuality. Ummm... nope can't think of anything else. :-)