1. I am a nerd. Granted, if you have been reading this blog for the past year, you know that I love all things nerdy. I am a fan of Mythbusters, James Bond, Monty Python, Star Trek, Harry Potter and other completely nerdy forms of entertainment. The sad part is, I have actually been to not just one, but THREE Star Trek conventions! The name of this blog is inspired by Harry Potter, and to date, I have done THREE school projects (two in graduate school) on Harry Potter (2 on Star Trek I have even done a presentation deconstructing Star Wars with video clips)!
2. I am a karaoke diva. I used to go to karaoke bars at least twice a week. I own a karaoke machine.
3. I can recite the famous "two all beef patties special sauce.... yadda yadda yadda" Mc Donald's commercial backwards.
4. I was a Girl Scout for seven years.
5. When all my friends in school took ballet and tap dancing lessons, I took 2 years of belly dancing lessons.
6. My grandmother named me after Lisa Marie Presley. When asked by my husband when I was 29 if she really named me after Lisa Marie, my grandmother answered "No, that is just where I got the idea."
My mom is the one who spelled "Lisa" wrong on my birth certificate. To this day (38.5 years latter) she insist that L-E-S-A is the correct way to spell my name and every other woman in the world with my name is spelling it wrong.