Friday, December 08, 2006

I'll do a real knitting post tomorrow

I am just too sleepy now. I swear, there is TONS of knitting to show off, but for now, a little MEME to keep you all entertained.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both are nice. Hot chocolate has chocolate going for it, and egg nog can be spiked with rum, so I would say it depends.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Wrapped

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
The past few years it has been white. But I would love to find those old-fashioned color lights from when I was a kid. Those rock!

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Used to, but it is poisonous and we have several animals.

5. When do you put up your decorations?

When I have the time. This year we are just using a table top artificial tree, so it is up now.

6. What is your favorite Christmas meal include?
mmmm, I make a mean ham dinner. Then there is potato soup and bean soup for a week afterwards.

7. Favorite Holiday Christmas memory as a child?
A boyfriend of my aunt's (long since for gotten as this memory is about 33 years ago) dressed up as Santa for his family. My aunt convinced him to drive by my grandparents house to play Santa for me and my sister too.

I was really messed up by that. Everybody said it was my dad, grandfather, or uncle, but as they were all in the room (and none of them would EVER dress up as Santa), I really really believed for years and years.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth about Santa?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Well, we put hooks in the ornaments and hang them on the tree. Is there another way?

.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I don't mind looking at it.

12. Can you ice skate?
Never tried. I used to roller skate a lot. But it was the 70's and everybody roller skated..

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I got a telescope one year. I thought that was cool as hell. Then there was the year my dad bought me a racecar set because I don't have any brothers and he always wanted one. I would get boy toys every now and then.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays Christmas for you?
family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Christmas Dessert?
My mom's fudge

16. What is your favorite Holiday Christmas tradition?
There was that year that New Buffalo was snowed in. My parents walked about nine blocks to the only store that was open and bought all our presents. We sat at home and played games for three days and had a big meal. We didn't get out to see family until New Year's Day. But, I would have to say my first Christmas in Florida was cool. My grandparents came down to visit. We didn't get a tree until Christmas eve that year. It was crazy. The guy said "hey, here is a great tree" and half the needles dropped off just then. Everybody laughed and he sold it to us for $5. It was a nice tree.

17. What tops your tree?
The dog keeps knocking our trees down and breaking the top. I am going to knit something this year. Any ideas?

18. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
"Here we go a Wassailing among the leaves so green"

1 comment:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Neat. I've been meaning to do this one, but i've actually had stuff to post about...i'm holding off for a lazy day when my brain hurts.

~Suz~