So, I am sitting here trying to dream up all sorts of wonderful things to knit while I am on my Yarn Diet (I NEED to buy yarn), and I just don't know what to do next. 20 things is a lot of knitting. So, I thought it would be fun to have a little "Pick Lesa's Next Project" contest. The winner will get a knitter's goody bag (with a tape measure, care labels, very cool lint paper, and a ball of yarn plus anything else I can think of).
Basically, I want you all to inspire me to create something wonderful.
1. I will not buy new yarn to make anything. My stash is huge, and I have more than enough for sweaters, hats, scarves, mittens, and socks. But, any pattern that uses special or novelty yarn may be out of the running before I start. Worsted, DK, Bulky, and sock yarns are all in my stash in ample supply, so yarn weight is too much of an issue.
2. While I'll consider buying a book, any patterns in books are subject to availability. Please feel free to suggest things in books, but something really wonderful that I don't have access to may hurt your chances of winning. Same goes for magazines, but I do have YEARS worth of Family Circle Easy Knitting, most of the Creative Knitting, Knit It, and Knit1 if you would like to suggest something from these, you should be fine.
3. I would really like to see something new, different, or just plain strange. The out of the ordinary will appeal to me.
4. I am a plus size woman, so patterns in smaller sizes my get over looked if my daughter doesn't like them.
5. You may enter as often as you wish. Please make all suggestions as comments. Please, check to make sure that your suggestions has not been submitted. In the case of double submissions of the same pattern, the first poster will win.
6. I will pick the winner on March 10, 2006.
7. It is possible that a 2nd and 3rd place winners could be added if there are lots of things I want to make.
Good Luck, I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Tomorrow I should be done with the icky sweet sweater I designed for my niece. It'll give you all a toothache!