Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tomatoes!


It is a lousy, lousy picture, but all 33 of my jar of tomatoes are there. Many are homegrown. Some have onions and peppers for a nice chili base, some have onions and my own homegrown basil and oregano for spaghetti. Many are just ripe, beautiful, local tomatoes with the steams removes juiced in the food processor and put in jars. No matter which way, the base for 33 different meals are tucked away in my cupboard until needed. There are more canning adventures to share, but I think one product at a time is easier to write about.

The big news, I finally got a job for this year! I will be back in Griffith working in their alternative program while the regular teacher goes on maternity leave. I am so happy to be in one school district for the year, and I am thrilled to be back at Griffith.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: