Sunday, December 16, 2007

Knitterly Goals

For the past several months, my focus has been on work. While my job is low pay and temporary, it is fabulous experience for me. After a long talk with my adviser, I am closer than ever to my teaching license. I had thought I had 31 to 24 credits plus student teaching to go, but it seems that I qualify for a new program that is 18 credits (3 of which I have done), 30 hours of field experience (which my job covers), and student teaching. I have taken, and passed, an important test for student teachers, so I finally feel like I have that part of my life in order. It is a good feeling to know that my plan is coming together.

This past year, knitting has been my relaxation, and I have frogged nearly as much as I have knit without a second thought. Now that work and school are in order, I need to re-focus my knitting energy into some bigger unfinished projects.

1. Christmas knitting is nearly done. I just need to finish:

Sly's Scarf and mittens
Felted Clogs for Sly and my dad (they are camo)
Sweet Mary Janes for my Secret Santa at work
A shawl my aunt Kim commissioned

2. I have a sweater that I really must finish seaming. It has been laying around half seamed for 6 or 7 months.

3. I need socks. I know this sounds strange because I really love making socks, but this year I have made very few pairs. I seriously need to learn a good method for darning socks as well. I plan to make 5 pairs of socks during my break from work.

We are having a major snow event. For us, that means about 10 inches of snow on the ground and lake effect coming down like gangbusters. I can't see the house across the street. So, I will finish up my last charity hat for the Angle Tree project at work (I have already given a box of about 8 hats), make some tea, and watch the snow fly.

Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is snowing so hard you can't see the house across the street?!! Sounds like a good time for hot chocolate with marshmallows.
-punkin

Mauren Mureaux said...

Congrats on the good career news, that's exciting!

Send some snow our way, we've had nothing but rain...which we need, but ya know, snow is more fun.