Friday, February 16, 2007

My Classroom

Well, I have worked my tail off, and the storage room looks like a classroom now. I still have loads of stuff to do, but I am actually pretty pleased of my sunny little room tucked away at the top of the school.

Please, take note of the cardboard boxes stacked high on the orange cupboard. Those boxes were HEAVY! If you will now draw your attention to the black bookshelf, do you know that you can't move a bookshelf with books on it by yourself?

Notice the sunny corner with a happy desk sitting there. Isn't it sweet? Would you believe, gentle reader, that is MY desk? No, I am serious! I have been working at that desk all week. I will get another, more appropriate desk next week. I thought I should preserve this memory. My first real teacher desk. *sigh*

I was encouraged to make the space "my own" when I was assigned the room. While I have Harry Potter posters on the wall, a plant, and family photos, I totally love my Purdue pencil cup with my totally AWESOME *rulers* of woman's Literature ruler that Jen gave me for Thingiemas.

Well, folks, there you have it, my first classroom!

Happy Knitting!

5 comments:

erin said...

Awesome! yeah i would not advise trying to move a bookshelf WITH it's contants, if you do not old a world's strongman title.

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on your classroom. It looks well organized, and it looks warm and inviting too. Don't you love having a nice window?
Punkin at Needle to Needle

Mauren Mureaux said...

Wow! Hey, at least for a storage room you have a window!! That's great. I'd have never known it was a storage room at one time!!

~Suz~

Anonymous said...

oh man that classroom is lookin' GOOD!!

i'm glad to see the ruler is part of the homeyness you get to share. :D

Unknown said...

Congrats! It looks great! Glad you were finally able to get there through all this frickin' snow.

At my job, we NEVER get snow days. You can't even call off if you are snowed in. They'll send an ambulance out to get you!!!!