Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More Blooming Socks

I am back and ready to share new photos (cuz, let's face it, no one READS blogs). I am now out of work for several months, and I should have loads of photos to share this summer. Don't worry, I didn't get canned; it is just the end of the school year. I am a substitute teacher.

Last week it was an explosion of pink, now it is red. My red roses are in full swing. The yard still smells amazing.

My Griffindor Stripe (from Sunshine Yarns) socks are done. Don't they look great next to my peony? It smell wonderful too. A softer and more delicate scent then roses, but just as nice.

Not to be out done by Griffindor Stripe or the peony, my Fortissima Colori socks had to join in the act (even though the second one is not done). I just have to do the heel turn, gusset, and foot on the second sock, which doesn't take me that long. Actually, I did the cuff, leg, and heel at work yesterday.

Sly says that the peony is a whimpy flower that is too stupid to hold its own head up. I think they are expending so much energy on being lovely that they need a nap. So, dear reader, who is right?

I had a student bug me all year to make him a green hat. Here it is; too bad I didn't see him in school today (last day). It is a pattern I worked out myself in green (the color the student wanted) Wool-ease. It didn't take me long at all, and I do have matching mittens. :)

No comments: