Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sock update

I have been preparing for the Knitting Olympics Summer Trials by finishing up all my WIPs. I started with the socks because they are the easiest things for me to finish quickly.

I finally finished my Monkey socks. I was very proud of them, and I thought they were the loveliest socks I ever made. Then I gave them to my DD.


Part of my on-going sox experiment. I will have to do a very detailed post about this when I am finished. For now, the details are on my Ravelry page.

More experimental soxs.

And another

Right now, the experimental soxs are on hold. The first reason, I am just board with the same basic pattern, same yarn, and same needle size. Secondly, these really are a cold weather sock. I am pleased that I will have plenty of (hopefully) hard wearing socks this winter. When I start student teaching in January, my knitting endeavors may slow to a trickle.

I am working on several sweaters in the weeks before the Summer Trials. I hope to at least finish the one I am working on in Rowan Summer Tweed. A silk and cotton sweater will be very useful this fall. It is also purple and black. We all know how much it lurve purple and black.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Jen D. said...

I love the yarn for your Monkeys! I really like the way they came out. I also love how the pattern looks hard but is really easy to do. I had so much fun with mine... the first time. Having to rip out a beautiful sock because it wasn't quite big enough - not so fun.

Looks kinda like the Harlot sock recipe.... I'll have to go check out your Rav page now.