Thursday, June 19, 2008

BSJ


Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket
Yarn: Thank Ewe superwash merino
Needles: size 5

Totally love this pattern. It is quick and easy. Since it is in garter stitch, it is fully reverseable, and because of the infinite stretch of garter stitch, the sweater will be able to fit baby for a long time.

The sweater is knit flat, and when you are done, it looks like nothing at all. There is a bit of origami magic to make this sweater work. I thought I would share a video that I made on how to fold it to make the sweater.




Happy knitting!

1 comment:

punkin said...

That is a beautiful BSJ. I like the way the colors and they way they create such a pleasing effect.

The spinning class was over the top. It was taught by Lori, one of the original Twisted Sisters. She brought many kinds of fibers from her stash and had us try roving, batts, fresh raw fleece,mohair, 4 kinds of silk, corriedale... you get the idea. I have never heard of a beginning spinning class doing such a thing. I enjoyed it immensely. Someday soon you will have your turn. It won't be long. I just know it.